nafex - [nafex] Re: Elaeagnus family (how to approach unknown plants)

  • From: "Robert H." <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Elaeagnus family (how to approach unknown plants)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:55:10 -0000

Thank you all for the information. This really encourages me to
explore this plant more. On first look I think is the Thorny
Elaeagnus. I do remember some small thorns and the plant had
currently a few fruits on them.

I am still curious about the exploration part of this endevor. If you
all had the plant, what would be the next step?
I guess this would be more directed at Hector Black for this
particular plant, but ask this question for all plant in general.

Would you try a grafting? will it work?
Should I try hand pollenating and see what seed I get?
...or are these the kind of questions that a general horticultural
degree would answer?

Though I am new at this fruit stuff, at some point I will want to dig
deeper. I will want to help out the NAFEX and/or Elaeagnus group.
Walking the same path as everyone else will not add to the knowledge.

I got the plants. Once there established and bering fruit, where do I
go from there?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM