nafex - [nafex] Re: No subject was specified.

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: No subject was specified.
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:54:25 -0000

Maybe this would work for me - my "other" problem with using brads
has been that I've had the "scion" split on me.

Maybe I'm just a clutz. :-(

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@g...> wrote:
> This is true and a spin off of this method is to use the flat thumb
tacks which
> are easier for some of us to handle than the
brads. ................vic

> "Lon J. Rombough" wrote:
>
> > I've done successful bridge grafts. I use small brads or
finishing nails at
> > each end of the "bridge" to hold the graft in place, then just
paint the
> > area with latex grafting compound.
> > -Lon Rombough
> > Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
> > http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom See new additions to the site,
Feb. 2001,
> > plus word on my grape book.
> >
> > ----------
> > >From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@a...>
> > >To: nafex@y...
> > >Subject: [nafex] Re: No subject was specified.
> > >Date: Thu, Mar 22, 2001, 6:18 AM
> > >

> > >Bear Creek is out of business, R.I.P. I liked them too.
> > >
> > >I attempted bridge grafting one of my trees this fall that was
> > >damaged by a deer, but I found it frustrating and none of
> > >my "bridges" took. Frustrating as I found after I attached one
end
> > >and then tried to attach the other that the first attachment
would
> > >twist and move - obviously I was doing something wrong.
> > >
> > >I have seen an older orchard where the bridges did take.
> > >
> > >You might try wrapping the girdled area in saran wrap (this was
> > >suggested to me for my damage -- I don't know the success rate
yet).

> > >It was suggested to me that the best thing might be to encourage
> > >growth from below the damage -- frustrating, I know.
> > >
> > >Chris Mauchline
> > >SE PA, zone 6

> > >years
appreciated.
> > >Are
> > >suggest
Homesteading, but

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM