nafex - [nafex] Wine grape auction article

  • From: Suzi Teghtmeyer <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Wine grape auction article
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:38:24 -0600

Lots of W(h)ining at This Auction
Reuters 6:00 a.m. Mar. 20, 2001 PST

SAN FRANCISCO -- California winemakers and grape growers will give their
Old World business a high-tech tweak on Tuesday, when they are slated to
trade 2,000 tons of grapes in what some believe could be the first of many
online auctions.

"I think we're all very curious what the outcome will be," said Doug
Wilson, director of grower relations at Fetzer Vineyards.

more of this online article at.........
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,42518,00.html?tw=wn20010320

------Suzi Teghtmeyer
Head, Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
SMSU Mountain Grove Campus
9740 Red Spring Rd, Mountain Grove, MO 65711
Phone: 417-926-4105, Fax: 417-926-6646, email: srt175f@smsu.edu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/n4HqaC/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM