nafex - Re: [nafex] Plant tags

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Plant tags
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:12:13 -0500

Hello,

The laser printer uses a heat process that bonds the ink to the paper. A
laser
is used to provide the heat, and the ink is bonded the second it hits the
paper..

An ink jet printer just sprays ink on the paper. It will smudge if you touch
it
too soon as it comes out of the printer and a drop of water spreads ink
everywhere.

Two very different processes.

I may make sense to put your labels on diskette and visit a friend with a
laser
printer, or go to one of those business stores that will allow you to use
their
equipment for a fee.

Maybe there is someone in the NAFEX group willing to offer the laser label
service via email for a small fee. (Not me, I have an ink jet) Anyone want
start a small online business?

In the long run a laser printer is cheaper, as ink jets use a lot more INK,
and
ink jet ink isn't cheap either. A laser printer also offers a nicer finished
product too.

Regards,
Tom

Thomas Olenio