nafex - Re: New England Nutgrowers

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: ginda@concentric.net
  • Subject: Re: New England Nutgrowers
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:53:47 -0800

Ginda,
Consider yourself signed up.
We're not an organization, there's no dues. I'm a suburbanite also, we
have no professional nutgrowers in New England. I think there's a lot of
stimulation from being aware of growing things. You have two kids, well,
kids would have liked our trip we took to an orchard in N Grafton [not all
that far from wellesley] where they grow many ''heirloom'' apples incl.
the original macintosh apples [not to be confused with those sold as
macintosh in supermarkets] and they also grow walnuts and chestnuts there.

We send out an envelope of stuff now and then, but sometimes not more than
2 times a year.
One looks for side benefits from growing things. I think having an
awareness and interest in progress of a crop lends a tremendous amount of
stability to life. I earn my living helping people with their mac
computers...It's just as well we're not farmers, they're not doing so well
economically.
Charlie Paradise