nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Wow...what a plant

  • From: jhecksel@voyager.net
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Wow...what a plant
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:25:47 -0800

Kelleher@gj.net wrote:

> --- In nafex@y..., Fluffy Bunny <the.fluffy.bunny@j...> wrote:
> > Gang:
> >
> > Triple Crown Blackberries that had tip rooted, >
> I laughed when I read your note, then this weekend I stopped by and
> checked my 1-year old triple crowns. The most vigorous plant had
> managed to tip root every single arm! This is with no snow cover,
> and fairly dry western conditions. Is this the blackberry that wants
> to take over the world?

Better buy your plants now. The nurseries will stop carrying them as
soon as people figure out that they only need to buy one plant.

I planted ten of them last spring. None of them made it. I wonder if
they cooked-off in transit. I may have to try again.

-Joe Hecksel
Eaton Rapids, Michigan

Personal webpage open to the public at
http://my.voyager.net/jhecksel