nafex - [nafex] directory of nurseries

  • From: "Hortus" <HORTUS@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "NAFEX list" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>, <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] directory of nurseries
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:26:51 -0500

Dear Ed

The 'directory of nurseries' which you need has been
maintained by the USDA Dept of Forestry Library in Portland
OR.
The lead researcher on this project has been Dr. Thomas
(Tom) Landis.
He used to maintain the list in print (but due to budget
they can not print)
and then on line (but when I tried their link today, the
site bounced back as unavailable).

To find the current status of the list contact him directly:
tdlandis@fs.fed.us
or
nurseries@aol.com

This list primarily has been focused upon reforestation
nurseries, however many of these nurseries also do some work
on pomology (especially wild life refuge plants such as wild
berries, and fruit trees)

You can also contact the individual offices of the ARS for
their lists
see:
http://nps.ars.usda.gov/programs/programs.htm?npnumber=305

Also, in the state of New York, the Dept of Agriculture
requires all nurseries, gh and nursery retailers to
register. I had received their free list of registrants
(many pages). In NY the list includes the owners, address,
phone (not size). I asssume that each state dept of ag can
supply similar registrant lists either under a freedom of
information request (to the dept) or as an ordinary
document.
Contact the states dept of ag you have an interest.

regards and good luck

Joel

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details