nafex - Re: [nafex] grafting 'with the signs'?

  • From: "JERROLD KOERNER" <j.f.koerner@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] grafting 'with the signs'?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:54:29 -0900

Lucky, We used to get a calendar that told you the best times of the month
for doing things in the garden based on the phases of the moon. The theory
being that the period of the new moon up to the full moon was the rising
cycle, like the rising of the sap in the spring, and affected the upper
portions of the plants. The best time for grafting would then be the period
each month before the full moon. The declining cycle of going from the full
moon back to a new moon, was supposed to affect the lower portions of the
plants mainly the roots. I have never put this to the test with my grafting
but it does sort of make sense.....if you believe in that sort of thing.
Jerry Appleseed

----------
>From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] grafting 'with the signs'?
>Date: Wed, Feb 21, 2001, 11:00 AM
>

> I know my grandmother always consulted the almanac before planting any
> garden crops, but do any NAFEXers consult the signs when planning grafting
> projects, etc.?
> Or, are you like me, and you have to do it when you can get a free moment?
>
> Just wondered... The website below details dates when the 'signs' are right
> for grafting, pollinating, etc.
>
> http://www.almanac.com/edpicks/astrological.html
>
> Lucky Pittman
> USDA Zone 6