nafex - [nafex] Re:"First Alert" for coddling moth??

  • From: Naomi Ann Counides <beefalo@rmci.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re:"First Alert" for coddling moth??
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:23:34 -0700

Hello,
I went to an organizational meeting of an organic fruit vegetable group
Saturday night. Several of the people present mentioned using a product
called "First Alert" in their apple trees. They said it is applied in spots
(35 or so to a tree). This is done once a month. It is a chemical but it
is not applied on to the fruit. They said it gave good, not perfect control
of coddling moth. The coddling moth is a major major pest here and as a
home grower I could accept good control. Does anyone know about or have
experience with this product?
Naomi Counides
Associated Beefalo of Idaho

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups