nafex - [nafex] grape propagation

  • From: "Hortus" <HORTUS@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "NAFEX list" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] grape propagation
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:09:37 -0500

Many propagators of self rooted grape seem to prefer to use
winter cuttings.

We have had very good success with late spring cuttings.

The Spring/Summer cuttings need more environmental control
and take within 10-14 days
The Winter cuttings need less control. We just put them out
in the open in early Spring.

For winter cuttings we (personally) prefer the long basal
soak method @ low solution concentrations.
and
For Spring cutting we prefer the dry dip method, using
Rhizopon AA #2.

Does anyone have an opinion?

regards

Joel

International Headquarters
PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Station, New York NY 10113 USA
US Importer of US Registered Rhizopon Rooting Hormones
Maker/Registrant of IBA Water Soluble Salts
http://www.rooting-hormones.com
info@hortus.com

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details