nafex - [nafex] Re: Southern Fruit Fellowship Meeting

  • From: lostman_amiga@yahoo.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Southern Fruit Fellowship Meeting
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:59:39 -0000

--- In nafex@y..., natelson@p... wrote:

Actually, this time will be alot better for me. It will also be close
enough for me to drive there. As time gets closer and you need some
one to help out with some grunt work (Im new to all this gardening
stuff, so I wouldnt know what else to do).... let me know. Im off for
the summer, so I might go down early.

thanx

> Dear Lostman,
>
> The good news is that we are still meeting in Florida, but the
bad news is that the site and date have been changed. A.J. Bullard
has been working diligently on this and it appears that we will be in
Tallahassee rather than Sarasota. Ron Lambert was ill and could not
host the meeting. The dates will be around June 20-21, rather than in
July. The substance of the meeting will be very similar with some
excellent orchard tours. We should know all of the particulars and I
will again put it out on the chat line. It will also be in the SFF
newsletter which comes out next month and in Pomona.

> Regards, Ethan
>
> nafex@y... wrote:
> > --- In nafex@y..., "Dr. Ethan Natelson" wrote:
> > Dear Group,
> >
> > For those of you who like far in advance planning, the 2001
> Southern
> > Fruit Fellowship (SFF) annual meeting will begin the afternoon of
> July 30th
> > (Monday) with the scientific program on Tuesday and tours on
> Wednesday. The
> > meeting is hosted by Ron Lambert and Ray Jones and will be held
near
> > beautiful Sarasota, Florida. In addition to citrus we will see
and
> taste an
> > extensive variety collection of Mangos as well as Lychee,
Jackfruit
> etc.-
> > perhaps even pregnant chads. Ron will be covering persimmons and
> may show
> > us his extensive, family owned plant nursery. If you or your
> significant
> > other(s)don't like fruit, Ron says the beaches are beautiful. He
> will later
> > tell us the actual meeting site which will be within 15 miles of
the
> > Sarasota airport, for those that fly in. We hope some of you can
> attend.
> > Ultimate details about the meeting will appear in the Southern
Fruit
> > Fellowship Newsletter and in Pomona.
> >
> > Regards, Ethan
>

> Are these dates firm yet? (July 30th - Aug 1st)
> I am planning to fly in from another location and I want to get my
> plane tickets early.
>
> PS. Are there any info availible on the past show?
> I would really like to go! I want to

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/982072783/