nafex - [nafex] Subject: Percent humidity

  • From: "Hortus" <HORTUS@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "NAFEX list" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Subject: Percent humidity
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:29:27 -0500

=================================

Reply to

Subject: Percent humidity
I have set up a humidity chamber in my basement and would
like to know the optimum humidity that I should try to keep
it at during the day?
With the primative systems I have set up, I appear to have
good control of the humidity in the chamber.
My plan is to root prunus cuttings in it. Since prunus is
usually rooted in mist, my guess is that prunus likes close
to, if not 100% humidity.
Thanks for any information you may have.
Will other cuttings (currants) fail in a humidity chamber
running at close to 100% humidity?
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

After root initiation cut back the humidity so that the
plants come to ambient conditions within a week

During misting do not keep them 'dripping' wet, your
controls should only keep the plant moist.
Usually mist controllers turn the vapor stage on for a few
seconds then off for a few minutes.

The leading suppliers of mist controllers are
Phytotronics
314-770-0717 USA (attention: James Grouzos)
http://www.phytotronics.com
sales@phytotronics.com

And
Hummert International
800-325-3055 (USA)
314-506-4500 (USA)

Regards,
Joel
info@hortus.com

PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Sta., New York NY 10113 USA
US Importer of Rhizopon Rooting Hormones
******* http://www.rooting-hormones.com ******

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/981772261/

  • [nafex] Subject: Percent humidity, Hortus, 02/09/2001