nafex - [nafex] Canadian Clonal Genebank Program Tour

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com, QOFEX@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Canadian Clonal Genebank Program Tour
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:05:03 -0500

Hello All,

I have been asked to poll the NAFEX membership to establish their interest in attending a tour of the Canadian Clonal Genebank Program located in Harrow, Ontario, in September.

This repository has literally hundreds and hundreds of fruit varieities in their inventory.

The tour would be held in September, when a large number of trees will be fruiting and the heat not so bad.

Harrow, Ontario is about 35 miles south of Detroit, Michigan;

(Harrow, ON is the red star)

Once we can establish the interest in such a tour, the Curator of the Canadian Clonal Genebank Program will set up a tour based on the number of people who wish to attend.  If is difficult to set up such a tour without knowing how many may attend.

Does anyone know of a quick means to poll NAFEX members who are not online?  Does anyone know the publication dates of Summer and Fall Pomona?

If you are interested in attending such a tour please contact me PRIVATELY via email at ( tolenio@sentex.net ), so not to clog this egroup with your responses.

Hope to see a large response to this great opportunity.

Regards,
Tom
--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

  • [nafex] Canadian Clonal Genebank Program Tour, Tom Olenio, 02/09/2001