nafex - Re: [nafex] Pro-Mix BX (mycorrhizal innoculated)

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pro-Mix BX (mycorrhizal innoculated)
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:54:13 -0600

I've tried the Pro Mix. In fact, the company sent me bags of all their
products to test. To tell you the truth, I didn't see any miraculous growth
or anything unusual. But, then I use mycorrhizae in the powder form and
inoculate plant roots when I put them in the ground. Agreed, the prices are
high for the bagged stuff. You can get 8 oz. jar of mycorrhizae for about
$15 and it will inoculate hundreds of plants. And, as we have discussed
previously on this list, mycorrhizae has to be in contact with the
roots--not just in the area. Rubbing it with your fingers on to the roots
seems to be the best method.
Doreen Howard