nafex - Re: [nafex] WPBR and pines

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] WPBR and pines
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:47:45 -0500

Hi,

Just ensure that the white pine seed is one of the newer "resistant"
varieties to WPBR.

So by having resistant plants in both families they may play an get along
better.

Both crops are victims to WPBR, and since currants are less popular, less
commercial,
they took the chop in the neck. And from what I have read, even with all the
currant
eradication programs, thousands of hours spent, and tons of money, the
programs made
little difference in controlling WPBR.

Resistance is the key, and there are varieties in each family that have it.

Regards,
Tom