nafex - Re: [nafex] apple storage

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] apple storage
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 15:48:25 -0000

Mike, Winters back a lovely -25F this morn. An Alaska salmon
fisherman
taught us a neat trick for freezing goods that should apply to the airless
bag idea. He saw my eyeballs sticking out from sucking the air out of a huge
pile of vegis to be frozen and said-- "let water pressure do it!" plopped
the bag nearly underwater...i could never suck out that much air, now i
breath easier come harvest.
Tom, we're in the process of building - just got the basement covered
by
freezeup- I left out the concrete in the nw corner room (8' by 10') and
filled the floor with sand. Will insulate the interior walls. it has a
small window hole in the concrete (just insulation filled now).How did you
vent it? I'm concerned about it freezing if vented too much. thanks Mn.
Del z2b