nafex - Re: [nafex] horticulture mag

  • From: Suzi Teghtmeyer <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com, pinewoodel@hotmail.com
  • Cc: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] horticulture mag
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:43:11 -0600

Del,
I have access to this article"Summer in Siberia". Here is the citation
found in Ebscohost:

Title: Summer in Siberia.
Subject(s): GARDENS -- Russia (Federation) -- Siberia
Source: Horticulture, Jan91, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p50, 4p, 6c
Author(s): Gessert, K.R.
Abstract: Profiles several Siberian gardeners who live near the Soviet
cities of Novosibirsk and Irkutsk. The gardeners discuss their crops
which include tomatoes and apples, and describe the growing
conditions. Dacha Communities; Greenhouses; Jakov Kirchik's grapes;
Vegetables raised by Naom Gisser of Angara; Melons and fruit grown by
molecular biologist Dima Graifer at his dacha near Academgorodok.

ISSN: 0018-5329

Section: FIELD NOTES

Email me directly and I can get the artilce to you.
Cheers,
----Suzi Teghtmeyer

At 02:53 PM 02/02/2001 +0000, del stubbs wrote:
> I'm trying to research an article in Spring 91 Pomona by Ernest
> PLutko. It
>refers to a Siberian and Manchurian method called "creeping orchards" where
>the trees are trained close to the ground to stay under the snow cover.
>He's growing yellow transparents in zone 2.
> This article says subject is covered in 'Horticulture' Jan 91. A
>search engine found Horticulture Magazine but nothing I did could raise it
>on my screen, nor could i find it on any of the library searches of our
>local library systems. Is it defunct? hortmag.com
>horticulturemagazine.com were both tried.
> Article also mentions Moosebell Flower Fruit and Flower Co. in
> St. Francis
>Ma. apparantly, from my search it doesn't have a web site , if so, could
>someone post it?
> thanks, Mn Del z2b

Head Librarian, Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
SMSU Research Campus and Missouri Fruit Experiment Station
9740 Red Spring Rd, Mountain Grove, MO 65711

Phone: 417-926-4105, Fax: 417-926-6646, email: srt175f@smsu.edu
Member: CBHL, USAIN, ALA, ACRL

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details