nafex - Re: [nafex] bonsai apples

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] bonsai apples
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 11:15:45 -0500

Hi,

Absolutely!  I dug up an apple from a cattle pasture and the constant browsing of new branches created quite an unusual apple tree.

Not being in the pasture anymore it is now outgrowing it.

Natural occuring bonsai I guess.

Regards,
Tom

Larry Stark wrote:

 Mike, On our 80 acres in north central Wisconsin, there are several wild apple trees. In the area that was pasture, there are several (almost) bonsai apple trees. I think the cattle kept them from growing into full size apple trees. Therefore I believe you can create bonsai apple trees. Larry Stark

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

GIF image