nafex - Re: [nafex] Raspberry Insect Pest

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Raspberry Insect Pest
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 11:22:43 +0000

Hi Ginda,
I have the same problem in NH with my raspberries. The dark spot on the cane
is damage from a cane borer (dig around in there sometime!). The treatment
is exactly what you have been doing, breaking them off below the damage.
Destroying the evidence is recommended to help keep the borer larva from
maturing and reproducing another generation. Local wild raspberry canes can
be an uncontrollable host for cane borers and make it nearly impossible for
you to get rid of the problem. Good luck, ...vic