nafex - RE: [nafex] australian apple collections

  • From: "Bell, Richard" <rbell@afrs.ars.usda.gov>
  • To: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com'" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] australian apple collections
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:05:49 -0500

Were trees and/or budwood shipped, or just the fruit?
ONe place to start might be the plant germplasm collections in Australia. A
listing can be found in the website: www.ipgri.cgiar.org. Go to this site,
click on Information Resources, then Online Databases. Scroll down to and
click on Germplasm Databases. Scroll down to Germplasm Holdings Database,
and click on "Search interactively". Type in Malus, Advanced cultivars, and
Australia. The listings do not have web sites or email addresses or
detailed listings of accessions, or whether the budwood of the accessions is
available.

Details on importation into the US can be obtained at:
www.aphis.usda.gov/ppq.

Richard Bell

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details