nafex - Re: [nafex] Minn 447/477

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Minn 447/477
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:40:21 -0500

Doug and John,
I had a check today at HortScience of May 1991 - in effect it is said that
Sweet 16 is Mn 447 x N.Spy. So if, as Doug suspects, the reference on Mn477
in HortScience of Aug 80 is a sort of typing error, it did have quite large
repercussions as all the following literature mention the parentage of
Sweet 16 as Mn 477 x N.Spy : Brooks and Olmo list #35 (in HortScience of
August 91), Warren Manhart's "Apples for the 21st Century", Daryl Hunter in
his "Kitchen Orchard" CD... It is interesting to see how a very small error
can spread itself.
Claude