nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling

  • From: fluffy bunny <the.fluffy.bunny@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:06:06 -0500

Ed Fackler wrote:

I'm not at all suggesting the germplasm preservation be ignored by
anyone. We here in the states have wonderful repositories of near
everything. The
point that I was attempting to make, and obviously not successful, was/is
that the near perpetual ranting and raving (at least in my 20 odd years
within
NAFEX) about these things so dominate that basic horticultural skills are
being
lost quicker than we think.

My reply:

You know I am amazed by how "well" your comments in this thread went
over. Here we have an ex NAFEX President basically stating that NAFEX
does not have a "proper" focus and it just sort of glossed over.

If I understand you correctly, you are stating that you believe that the
thing that is really in danger of being lost is the knowledge necessary
to successfully grow fruit and not the germ plasm of the fruit itself.
As a remedy you are suggesting that NAFEX should concentrate its efforts
on education.

I just sort of reiterated this in the hope that your comments would
become more than a post in an archive in e-groups.

As always Ed, wishing you the very best of what life may bring,

the fluffy bunny
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

  • Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling, fluffy bunny, 01/05/2001