nafex - [nafex] St. Julian A and Apricot

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] St. Julian A and Apricot
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:45:58 -0000

I have a book that states that (I'm paraphrasing here) "in purchasing
Apricot, it should not be on plum (or something else), it should only
be grafted on Apricot roots (and the book goes on to describe that
you can tell what root the apricot is on by scratching the root and
looking at the color)).

But the book doesn't say WHY plum is not recommended.

I have an apricot I've grafted onto St. Julian A. It appears to be
doing very well. What is the issue this book is trying to save me
from?

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6