nafex - [nafex] edible honeysuckles

  • From: Joe Boles <jobo@istar.ca>
  • To: "nafex@egroups.com" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] edible honeysuckles
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 20:53:54 -0500

There was some chatter awhile back about the subject; I was not reading it all so this information may already be know or maybe of some interest. I received a catalog today listing the following - HONEYBERRY one of the hardiest fruiting plants. Dark blue berries with a delicious flavor. Two varieties are provided, necessary for cross-pollination. Hardy Zones 2-9. Pkg. of  2. Lonicera edulis var. kamchatka.
There website www.mcconnell.ca   this is a nursery bought out by Sears a few years back.
There are two other odd fruits listed:  Aronia melanocarpa and Hippophae rhamnoides. Has anyone had any information or experience with either?

Joe Boles
Mississauga, ON

eGroups Sponsor
Click Here!