nafex - Re: [nafex] cider varieties in virginia`

  • From: "JERROLD KOERNER" <j.f.koerner@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] cider varieties in virginia`
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 13:18:59 -0900

Ken, Honey Sweet Cider is an odd-time variety that was used as a blending
apple to sweeten cider. It was apparently lost for many years and was
rediscovered by Dr. E. Fisher at an abandoned homesite in the Shenandoah
Valley. A lot of nurseries dealing in antique varietes have it listed as
either Honey Sweet or Honey Cider. Happy Holidays ....Jerry Appleseed.

----------
>From: "ken harnad" <harnad@intelos.net>
>To: nafex@egroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] cider varieties in virginia`
>Date: Sat, Dec 23, 2000, 7:43 PM
>

> Hello Folks,
> I've been reading this group for awhile now and it's been a real
> education!
> I'm looking to plant a small cider orchard here in the
> shenandoah valley. Is there anyone out there who can recommend
> varieties that do well (or might do well) here in the valley? I have
> a few culinary and dessert apples already, but am looking to "round
> out" my cider with some specialty cider apples. Thanks and I hope
> everyone has a great holiday. ken

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/0/_/423498/_/977696418/