nafex - Re: [nafex] cider varieties in virginia`

  • From: jim <jmc1@epix.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] cider varieties in virginia`
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 16:07:45 +0000

Ken, a major source of reliable information is Lee Calhoun's Old Southern Apples (1995)  McDonald & Woodward Publ., Blacksburg.  Probably the best compendium in existence.  Lee's address (I think) is 3411 Longwood Lane, Conway, SC 20527.  If you're lucky, should find the book in local library.  We do have it available in our bookstore section.  It's a good read.

//Jim
www.cumminsnursery.com

ken harnad wrote:

Hello Folks,
     I've been reading this group for awhile now and it's been a real
education!
     I'm looking to plant a small cider orchard here in the
shenandoah valley.  Is there anyone out there who can recommend
varieties that do well (or might do well) here in the valley?  I have
a few culinary and dessert apples already, but am looking to "round
out" my cider with some specialty cider apples.  Thanks and I hope
everyone has a great holiday.  ken

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/977633038/

eGroups Sponsor