nafex - Re: [nafex] Cenopalphus pulcer

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Cenopalphus pulcer
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:48:10 -0800

I got a full set of papers describing the mite and one thing stood out - no
symptoms were described. Apparently the mite doesn't really do much damage.
At very least, it is apparently pretty well controlled by the predators of
other mites and/or regular mite control measures. There doesn't seem to be
danger of any major problem from the critter, it's more in the line of
finding out how far it has spread since it was first actually noted 10 years
ago.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

----------
>From: "Dr. Ethan Natelson" <natelson@pipeline.com>
>To: nafex@egroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] Cenopalphus pulcer
>Date: Thu, Dec 21, 2000, 6:00 PM
>

>Dear Group,
>
> I had a visit from a representative of the Texas State Department of
>Agriculture checking my trees for the Flat Scarlet Mite (Cenopalphus
>pulcer). None were found. Apparently, this pest may have been sent to
>Texas as a stowaway on scions from the Corvallis repository. He was
>checking all sites in Texas who had received material from them during the
>past few years. Anyone familiar with this varmint?
>
> Regards, Ethan

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/977452992/

  • [nafex] Cenopalphus pulcer, Dr. Ethan Natelson, 12/21/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [nafex] Cenopalphus pulcer, Lon J. Rombough, 12/21/2000