nafex - [nafex] Shipping and Recieving

  • From: Oak24@aol.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Shipping and Recieving
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:26:16 EST

Right on to anyone that can ship things economically through the UPS system.
Its a giant on steroids. Speedee sounds interesting. One other charge that
wasn;t mentioned is the super rural addresses which is another charge--I
think 2.00. (There are so many extra charges I can't keep track of them)
These are rural addresses that are way out of the way for UPS. I'm not sure
what that exactly means but there is a booklet I recieved a year or so ago
when they implemented that plan and there are thousands of zip codes. How in
heck could you actually charge a customer for that ? I wish I could use the
post office however the rural stations near my farm are too small to handle
my spring volume. When shipping to Canada or any international place I use
regular old USPO air mail. That works well. UPS screws it up big time.
When sending seeds I use the proper paper work plus the phrase" Botanical
specimens No commercial value. " These are seeds I use for exchange-they are
in small packets only. I never pack in anything organic. I use wet
shredded newspaper that is slightly damp. Everything is kept very clean.
That has worked well. Phytosanitary permits average about 25.00 each for
international shipments. Once before I was wise (ha ha) I sent a box of
acorns to Canada that a customer had bought. They were burned because of the
lack of paper work. I guess it always pays to do your homework. Right on
John Bunker.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/977451994/

  • [nafex] Shipping and Recieving, Oak24, 12/21/2000