nafex - Re: [nafex] Plum Testing

  • From: "Kieran or Donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Plum Testing
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:03:31 -0600

Dan,
We haven't had a real winter in Tennessee the last 4 years. We are
having one this year, and when we get done enjoying the cold, I'm sure we'll
be passing some of it on to you. In fact, we are having to postpone our
trip to Florida as we don't think we can leave the critters to face the cold
alone. (In particular there is the problem that they can't drink ice) The
only permaculture place I have seen was Adam and Sue Turtle's. If we had
more time to spare I'd think of having a look at your place on the way. It
would only make my mouth water for the chance to do more Florida stuff as
well as Tennessee stuff. I have no desire to live in Florida again, I just
wish I had a family member with lots of land and interest so I could leave
my projects with them and just come see them once a year!! Hey, are you
familiar with the Kimkoji? I gave away a tree I'd grafted to my parents
neighbor. In Houston TX it's known as the "Bloomsweet grapefruit", a little
hardier than the regular kind. It gets done cropping by Christmas and is
ready to deal with the cold. I got my budwood from the collection in Winter
Haven. Don't pay any attention to them saying it's not fit to eat. I gave
away hundreds of fruit from the collection to Floridians and northerners,
and everybody loved them. It's a pummelo cross, like a sweet juicy seedy
grapefruit, with a little less of the aromatics. Donna TN z6

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/977322146/