nafex - Re: [nafex] Virus

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Virus
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:40:31 -0500

Here are a few advises I can give:
1- Avoid use Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express as mail program as most
viruses use macro functions of these programs to propagate themself.
2- Never open an email attachment unless you are sure it is safe. Be even
more suspicious if the attachment has a nice name like "I love you" or
"Merry Christmas".

As of this last suspected virus (METALLICA_SONG.MP3.pif), I didn't take the
time to look at it - I simply deleted it. Sometimes curiosity make me run
them purposely on a special old computer I use for tests - just to see what
they do...

The first thing you should do is to locate the mentioned file on your hard
disk (use the search function) and delete it. Probably a search on the WWW
would give you the method to get rid of it if it has already multiplied
itself in your disk.

Claude

A 10:51 00.12.11 +0530, vous avez écrit :
>Sam,
>
>Mine also came from Lary Stark. I am not able to gret rid of it.
>
>Kindly advise what should be done.
>
>C. PARMAR

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/976513329/

  • Re: [nafex] Virus, Claude Jolicoeur, 12/11/2000