nafex - Re: [nafex] Non-members, my two cents.

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Non-members, my two cents.
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 07:38:55 -0500

jhecksel@voyager.net wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Personally, I think it is great to have non-members on the list. At
> least a few will join NAFEX. We need a constant infusion of new
> people. I am tickled when somebody new joins the list and they turn out
> to be a ball-of-fire, at least for a while.
>
> Fruit growing is a fairly isolated hobby. We are bound to our charges
> for much of the year while we care for them. Some other hobbies, like
> stamp and coin collecting, are habbies that revolve around shows and
> swap meets. Not so for fruit growing. Consequently, the elist medium
> solves a great social need. It is a wonderful clearinghouse for
> information. It also helps us be "community"

My response----------

Very eloquently put, Joe!! Likewise I think the list should remain
open, unimpeded and/or free to anyone.
Also, Greg Miller has done simply an outstanding job since its
inception.
Some recent issues, such as the collective capacity of this list, have
alluded to a NAFEX "Board" decision.
I strongly encourage those with such intense desires to attend a few
Board meetings, and become involved in the decison making process.

Wishing you all a great Holiday season, and more importantly, great
anticipation for my favorite, GroundHogs Day which is in honor of my only
living Guru, Ram Baba WoodChukar (vs Pux. Phil of PA----sorry, Jacq!!).

Ed, So. Indiana, Heaven, etc.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/976451528/