nafex - [nafex] Fall vs. Spring Planting--Redux

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Fall vs. Spring Planting--Redux
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:37:44 -0600

After reading all the comments about the value of planting such fruits as
currants and blueberries in the fall, I wonder if fruit trees too gain a
season of growth with fall planting. Do they? Apples and pears,
specifically? I've planted peach trees in both spring and fall and had the
same results. But......this was in a hot climate with 340 day growing
season. I planted to columnar apple trees in the spring in 1998 in Illinois
and they seemed to do nothing for the entire season. The following spring,
they took off. Would I have had gained a year by planting them in fall?
Doreen Howard
Zone 4b--Wisconsin

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/975638312/

  • [nafex] Fall vs. Spring Planting--Redux, Doreen Howard, 11/30/2000