nafex - Re: [nafex] Online Fruit Course

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Online Fruit Course
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:10:23 -0600

At 07:06 AM 11/30/2000 -0600, Donna wrote:
>I don't know if it dates back to hookworm or the Civil
>war or Southern Baptists or what, but the SE in general just does not seem
>to be inclined toward the literary arts. I have yet to see a book on fruit
>growing in TN or KY.

Donna,
It's not necessarily just the literary arts.
One of my former history professors at Auburn Univ. wrote a book on
southern history & culture a number of years back, and I still recall a
line from it, that I thought was quite apropo (and being from the Deep
South, I can relate to it).
In essence, he said that the peoples who populated the Deep South "were
never encumbered with the Puritan work ethic that was so pervasive in the
Northeast."

Lucky

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/975597019/