nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Forward this message too.

  • From: hector black <hblack@TWLakes.Net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Forward this message too.
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 14:51:35 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: J Rosano II <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
To: Dr Chiranjit Parmar <parmarch@vsnl.com>; NAFEXer's <nafex@egroups.com>
Date: Friday, October 06, 2000 9:53 AM
Subject: [nafex] Re: Forward this message too.

Dear Nafexers, and Dr. Parmar,
I apologise for allowing my personal feelings to mar my judgment
regarding Dr. Parmar. I did not realize that the cost of cashing a check
was so great, and $5 seem quite a fair sum in that light.
However, in my own defense, let me say that some years ago I made an
exchange with Dr. Parmar which only went one way, despite follow-up letters.
Hector Black

>Dear Folks:
>
>I received this from Dr. Parmar and am following his wishes,
>Best wishes,
>John
>
>> "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" wrote:
>>
>> Dear John,
>>
>> Please forward the following message to NAFEX, for some reason
>> my messages will not get through.
>>
>> C. PARMAR
>>

>> MESSAGE
>>

>> 6 October, 2000.
>>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> I was very sorry to note that one of my messages was interpreted by some
members as Spam
>> mail. I had sent this message as my usual intention of promoting lesser
known,
>> underexploited useful plants which I am doing for the past several years
and which is very
>> much within the primary objectives of NAFEX.
>>
>> I am a member of NAFEX for the past 13 years. I am the NAFEX consultant
for Central Asia
>> and every month keep receiving 3-4 letters from members seeking
information about such
>> plants. I reply such letters religiously and try to do my best to
provide the requisite
>> information. I have a few hundred letters in my files which I have
received from NAFEX
>> members during all these years. The e-mail has come very recently in
India. Earlier it
>> was all by postal mail.
>>
>> I have written some articles on Himalayan wild fruits in POMONA which
evoked great
>> response from readers. I received hundreds of letters from readers(My
wife calls these
>> lessers my fan mail). I have supplied seeds of new fruits to several
growers in the US
>> and I am pleased to learn that the plants from them have started bearing
fruits.

>> I do not know what "disappointing experience" did Mr. Hector Black have
with me. I have
>> atleast 500 letters of appreciation and thanks from NAFEX members.
>>
>> Mr. Black feels that I do it for a fee. Yes I do ask for a personal
check for five
>> dollars(the currency is stolen) to cover the collection and forwarding
costs of the
>> seeds. Let Mr. Black know that this personal check for five dollars is
sent by my bank at
>> Mandi to the bank of its origin in the US for clearing and then it comes
back to Mandi
>> from there. This process takes minimum three months. The banks deduct a
charge for the
>> to and fro postage(By registered post) and collection charge. Nearly 4
dollars are gone
>> in this process and I get one dollar after three months. Then I send
replacements to many
>> whose seed are lost in transit or even where the germination fails.
There are instances
>> where I have sent seeds to single person upto three times.
>>
>> Moreover the fruits whose seed I send, do not grow in my garden. These
are mostly wild
>> growing plants and I have arrange their collection through paid workers.
Is one dollar
>> too high a fee for this? Do you still think that I am acting commercial?
>>
>> I think the problem arose with the format of this particular e-mail which
looked like an
>> advertisement. From my side, I wanted to make to more brief, simple and
communicative but
>> some persons thought that I was advertising my products.
>>
>> With my best regards to all list members,
>>
>> Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
>> Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Plants
>> 186/3 Jail Road
>> Mandi HP 175 001 INDIA
>> Phone;(01905)22810 Fax:(01905)25419
>> E-mail: parmarch@vsnl.com

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Click here and you can even personalize these quotes.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9536/15/_/423498/_/970862291/