nafex - [nafex] Budding

  • From: "Jack Wigal" <kr8z@citynet.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Budding
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 21:43:52 -0400

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/15/_/423498/_/967861247/

Fellow Nafexers,
I recently budded about a half dozen cherry trees and the same amount of
peaches. The bark pulled back on all the grafts I wrapped with budding tape
and split the tape. Looks like most of the buds are still alive as new bark
appears to be growing under the old. The ones I wrapped with grafting
rubbers stayed flat and look healthy. This evening I removed all the tape
and rubbers and painted over the grafts with Doc's grafting seal so I will
know which bud is the grafted one next spring when (and if) they start
growing. I know it's kinda dumb to ask this question after the fact, but
should I have put on the paint?

Jack Wigal Zone 6
Washington,WV

  • [nafex] Budding, Jack Wigal, 09/01/2000