nafex - [nafex] Goudreinette

  • From: "dwalsh/wchase" <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Goudreinette
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:20:58 -0700

Thanks for noticing that, Claude.

I'll pass the info onto our Goudreinette scouts.

I read the description of Orleans Reinette in Martin Crawford's Directory and
it
does fit for picking, harvesting, storage, and almost all of the description
(I'm
not sure about the short red stripes and most of the apples fall off the tree
in
mid-September). The only ones I've seen are BIG like a Belle de B. We had
thought it was a triploid, but one of our sources has other apples in the
orchard
and the second source has something (?Alexander) grafted on some of the
Goudreinette trees.

I'll have to go back to one of the orchards and see if the apples hold their
shape
when cooked.

The falling off of the apples could be due to low calcium ... neither orchard
fertilizes the trees.

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase email:wchase@interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove, B. C., Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Home web page http://www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML

: I was browsing through Bultitude's "Apples - A guide to the identification
: of international varieties". Under Orleans Reinette, I read that
: "Guldrenett" is a synonym used in Scandinavia. Could the Orleans Reinette
: be the apple in question???
:
: Claude, Quebec.

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/0/_/423498/_/967436607/