nafex - Re: [nafex] [Fwd: Search for Origin of Paducah]

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] [Fwd: Search for Origin of Paducah]
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:52:54 -0400

Lucky Pittman wrote:

> I'm afraid I can't offer much, if Ed Fackler, Henry Converse, and John
> Strang don't have the info, but James & Bernice Lawson, at Ball Ground, GA
> offer Paducah(Paduckah) from their nursery. Their description is as
> follows:
> "These are very hardy trees that are resisstant to many diseases that
> attack apples. It is a very fine summer apple and one of the best. It
> holds up real well for a summer apple and is excellent for eating fresh or
> for cooking."

My response----------

As grown here, this apple wasn't that great, nor did it have noticable
resistances to anything.
Other names for it I believe are 'Paduckah' and 'Tulpohaukin' ( or
something
similar).
Here, it was very large, summer ripening (late July), medium red, with
mediocre quality. Nice tree habit as I recall.

Hope this helps.

Ed, So. Indiana, heaven, etc.

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/0/_/423498/_/965314052/