nafex - [nafex] deer control

  • From: "Angel de los Andes" <zapala@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] deer control
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:14:04 GMT

Thanks to all who posted about deer control.

I have found that they learn how to jump over an electric fence.
Maybe the peanut butter ploy would do it.

I myself have thought putting a radio in the orchard - that's an option too.

Fishing line is a good idea too - but they will get used to that I do
believe.

The most effective thing is a bullet. But then......you have to drag the
deer into the barn, gut it, skin it, saw off the hooves, cut up the meat -
that's a whole morning's work. And I don't care for deer meat anyway. My
first instinct would be to lift them up in my tractor bucket and dump them
into the edge of the woods for the coyotes to eat, but I hate to do that -
they do have some value as food.

Thanks again!

Armando Bona
Zone 3

Perhaps the fishing line will work better - it's worth a try.