nafex - [nafex] Material to make fruit pressing bags

  • From: Hank Parker <parker@worldpath.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Material to make fruit pressing bags
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:11:11 -0400

There have been several requests for information for apple cider and
fruit pressing bags.

I have bought material from THE RAIN SHED in Corvalis Oregon; phone
541-753-8900. They are very helpful folks on the phone; and I have
been very happy with their service over the years. Since my press is
not a standard size I make my own bags.

I have used Leno Mesh, a tough black nylon mesh with 170 holes per
square inch to make pressing bags and have been well satisfied. The
cost for a yard 54 inches wide is $13.25.
They also have a Phifertex vinyl coated polyester mesh same width but
in 4 colors with 150 holes per square inch for $11 per yd.
Hank Parker
Maple syrup, apples
NH zone 3-4

http://click.egroups.com/1/7011/0/_/423498/_/963835882/

  • [nafex] Page 2 pH, Gordon C. Nofs, 07/16/2000
    • [nafex] Material to make fruit pressing bags, Hank Parker, 07/17/2000