nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Dead wood on apple tree

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Dead wood on apple tree
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:52:41 EDT

Hi
When I have a tree that has a dead spot like where a good size branch has
been cut off and the stub rots. I clean out to under the cambium that is
forming. Then every week appx. I take my knife and score into the cambium
lip. This seems to make the cambium grow to fill itself in. eventually it
comes close together. I still cut till it heals itself.
Gordon