nafex - [nafex] Pesticide Residue

  • From: Don Yellman <dyellman@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Pesticide Residue
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:18:50 -0700

Paula:
Ed Fackler and many others are better qualified to answer questions on
orchard chemicals, but isn't the real question: How well can you clean
your tank? I would think that running a good, non-foaming detergent
through there once or twice would be better than trying to wait out the
disappearance of any chemical residues.

I wouldn't worry too much about Imidan residues because of its rapid
breakdown, but don't know much about Guthion, which I understand to be a
registered pesticide available only to professional growers. Whatever
the chemicals you have had in there, surely a good detergent cleansing
would reduce the residues to an insignificant amount, since all of them
are soluble or they wouldn't dissolve in a spray rig. Are your fruit
products going to be tested by some kind of organic laboratory?

I guess you know what you are doing with the sulphur, but I have always
had the impression that sulphur is a caustic substance that should be
used with great caution during the growing season. The kaolin sprays
may turn out to be a great idea, and I may try them myself one of these
days.

Rgds, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

Make your old place like new... Win A Guy!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6286/0/_/423498/_/963292887/