nafex - Re: [nafex] Pesticides

  • From: "dwalsh/wchase" <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pesticides
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:16:53 -0700

Tom,

I feel that pre-mixed pesticides (i.e. fungicide and pesticide combined) are a
waste of money. You're better off to make a diagnosis and use the correct
specific pesticide.

For weeds, I use 2% glyphosate only. It kills all weeds. 1% will kill
grasses
and some weeds, but I routinely use 2%.

I think Lime sulphur is a waste of time even though it is cheap.

Dormant oil is OK, but you need to know if you have bugs which are killed by
dormant oil. No point wasting your time spraying dormant oil if the pests are
elsewhere sleeping.

How many fruit trees do you have? And what kinds? It makes a difference
if
the answer is 20 versus 100 versus 1000.

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase email:wchase@interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove, B. C., Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Home web page http://www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

: Hello All,
:
: This is a general question regarding pesticides. Which
: pesticides are most beneficial to keep on hand?
: :
: Lime/Sulfur
: Dormant Oil
: Generic combined fruit tree spray
: (pesticide, fungicide combo)
:
: Thanks in advance for any opinions you have to offer.
:
: Regards,
: Tom

CatalogLink offers hundreds of catalogs for FREE!
Click here to find the latest and greatest in the
world of catalogs - check out our featured Picks of the Week
and also look to enter our $500 catalog shopping spree!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6068/0/_/423498/_/963008263/