nafex - Re: [nafex] Jaffa Orange

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Jaffa Orange
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 22:53:29 -0400

I've had a number of Jaffa oranges imported from Israel. They have very
thick, somewhat sweet skin - similar to navel oranges, but much
thicker. So they're always much smaller than they appear. Other than
that, they're quite good - sweet, juicy, and not very seedy.

I was told that the thick skin was useful in (dry) Israeli conditions,
as it conserves the moisture in the fruit. I think they are usually
grown grafted onto a wild lemon.

Ginda

CatalogLink offers hundreds of catalogs for FREE!
Click here to find the latest and greatest in the
world of catalogs - check out our featured Picks of the Week
and also look to enter our $500 catalog shopping spree!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6068/0/_/423498/_/962938375/