nafex - Re: [nafex] No leaf buds

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] No leaf buds
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:41:12 -0400

Kevin,
I have also seen this on my Montmorency cherry. I don't know what it is,
but this tree has never really been in good health - and still isn't.
However, this year it has leafed out in a more normal way and there is a
small production on its way. On the worst years, the flowering was very
erratical, a few flowers opening at normal flowering period, and others
being very delayed. During those years, the tree eventually put out a few
leaves, but not much growth. I didn't use any treatment and it seems the
tree might recover by itself.
Claude, Quebec.

A 10:00 00.06.28 -0000, vous avez écrit :
>My Meteor cherry hasn't leafed out altho it is flowering with
>shriveled, small petals. the wood is still green and pliable. no
>latent buds have begun to grow. What could cause this? It was its
>first year to bear heavily. there is another Meteor nearby which is
>fully leafed out and bearing large crops.
>Kevin

Win $5000! Click Here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5941/0/_/423498/_/962217840/