nafex - Re: [nafex] mulching

  • From: "Kieran or Donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] mulching
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:44:11 -0500

Mulch really does help, I've read about it on asparagus for example, that if
you mulch half the bed heavily, it will come out weeks later than the
unmulched half to spread out your cutting season. I've even heard about
putting gallon jugs of water in the freezer, then putting them beside the
trunk of an early blooming tree and piling the mulch on to keep the tree
from blooming too soon. Donna