nafex - Re: [nafex] request advice for yellow blueberries

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] request advice for yellow blueberries
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 19:59:18 -0500

Ginda,
Try ammonium sulfate for a quick pH change. Aluminum sulfate takes some
time to work. Try scratching in a tablespoon of ammonium sulfate around
each plant and then watering it in. My newly planted blueberries looked
very yellow, too. Even though I planted them in heavily amended soil (lots
of peat, etc.) and sprinkled aluminum sulfate over the ground, the plants
looked bad. About 4 days after applying ammonium sulfate, I could see the
difference in plants. The tiny new leaves are dark green and the old growth
doesn't look as bad.
Doreen Howard