msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] current SAR training or activities

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] current SAR training or activities
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:37:15 -0600

The New Mexico SAR community has a FaceBook page but as T'mi said re her
team's FB page it is most useful for announcements of general interest to
the public, people who may have some interest but not necessarily any
involvement in SAR. It serves as one of our Public Information outlets.

The NM SAR community also has a website, which includes a community event
calendar. This mostly lists dates of statewide meetings and trainings.
The website is mostly static (pages do not change often) except for the
calendar and some uploads of documents and brief mission reports as they
become available.

The NM SAR community has a handful of e-mail announcement and discussion
lists. These are similar to MSAR-Riders.

So, to the many of you who are reading MSAR-Riders but have never posted,
I encourage you to speak up! Tell us where you are, what team you are
with, or if you are looking to join one or start one. Network! I know
that in New Mexico alone MSAR-Riders has helped numerous teams form and
many individuals not only find teams to join but bring to those teams new
information and energy because of their liason function with MSAR-Riders.
It makes me proud to see how much this group has contributed to SAR in
my state.