msar-riders - [MSAR] Training wanted in Lubbock TX

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR Una Smith <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: Crystal Morris <CLMorris@mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us>
  • Cc: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Training wanted in Lubbock TX
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:06:45 -0400

On Jun 15, 2010, Crystal Morris wrote:
> I am from the Lubbock Police Department and am searching for Mounted
> SAR training. I can't find anything posted on the internet. Would you
> happen to be aware of a listing of training sites?
>

> Crystal L. Morris
>
> City of Lubbock Police Department
> Juvenile Section
> Public Safety Officer
> 916 Texas Avenue
> PO Box 2000
> Lubbock, Texas 79457
>
> Ph: (806) 775-2791
> Fx: (806) 775-3100
> E-Mail: clmorris@mylubbock.us

Officer Morris,

A number of clinicians advertize their services on the web and in
trade publications. In Texas, your own state, TUMPOT offers mounted
SAR training as well as mounted patrol training. Also, as you are
in Lubbock not far from the New Mexico state line, you might look
into participating in the annual New Mexico SAR conference held each
May. It is 3 days, very affordable, and is open to people from out
of New Mexico. Several SAR teams in Texas are listed in the NM SAR
Resource Directory, maintained by the state. One of them is Randall
County Sheriff's Posse in Canyond. They do MSAR. Finally, several
Texas SAR teams are members of the NM SAR Council, which organizes
not only the annual conference but also frequent trainings around
the state. The next is a cave training on June 19 at Fort Stanton.
This too is very affordable.

Here's a link to get you started: http://www.nmsarc.org/

I am copying this to MSAR-Riders (which you might like to join).
Some clinicians monitor MSAR-Riders and you may receive followup
e-mails from them.

Mounted Search and Rescue
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/

MSAR-Riders
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/msar-riders.html

  • [MSAR] Training wanted in Lubbock TX, MSAR Una Smith, 06/17/2010