msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Threads on MSAR-Riders

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lila Corey" <Caballera@embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Threads on MSAR-Riders
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:57:26 -0500

Thanks Una for clearing that up. I am new to this as you know. I have corresponded with you several times over the last 2 years. I started a team here in central NC- there was a need and no availability. I have appreciated your positive responses very much, and all your insighful help. The team I started here is very small, but we are getting more interest as we get called out more. Luckily for us, we were able to become part of a great and very well educated technical team that is well established here in this area. They have been very receptive to us, helpful and encouraging even though horses were foreign to most of that team. It has been great learning some of the aspescts of the technical team, and incorporating our element into the team. We are still young, the MSAR element, that is, but have a good group, willing to learn and put in the effort it takes to be as good as we can be at this stage of our SAR and MSAR education. With our well established technical team, classes, and sites such as this, hopefully we will get where we need to be sooner than later. I am sure I will occasionally write something that ole timers to SAR want to snicker about, but that is how I learn. I also report and copy relevant articles to my team mates.
Thanks,
Lila Corey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>