msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Hasty Mounted Team logistics

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Hasty Mounted Team logistics
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:34:23 -0500 (CDT)

Both Jorene and Una work some pretty serious wilderness areas. Both are remote and each has its own special brand of wild. We are very blessed that our county, while containing some serious wilderness, also contains some pretty densely populated areas and multiple military bases. Because of the rural/urban interface our SAR resources are pretty highly developed (lots of need) and Military bases are always welcome near SAR missions because they tend to be very supportive with their resources. Still, our SAR missions run differently from those of you with more 'tame' wilderness. We are not quite as self-sufficient/remote as Una and Jorene but our teams are definitely adapted for a higher level of self-sufficiency.

Chris

  • Re: [MSAR] Hasty Mounted Team logistics, pennbo, 06/20/2009